Vancouver is sparkling with Christmas lights, giant baubles and tree tunnels galore, making it one of the most beautiful times of the year.
If you haven’t noticed how ornate and fairly-light-adorned Vancouver is right now, you must be living under a rock. From giant Christmas trees, humungous baubles to rows of light tunnels, you can’t go long without spotting a decoration or two in Vancouver.
Even better, as so many of the decorations and installations are propped up around Downtown Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, there’s plenty of places for you to visit with your dog in tow for that perfect Instagram photo.
We’ve rounded up all the dog-friendly festive spots around the city (and nearby) to check out this holiday season – see how many you can visit!
1. This mountain-themed floral display as part of the Fleurs de Villes Noel
2. A pair of sweeter-than-the-real thing candy canes
3. This illuminated bauble-like tunnel near Burrard station
4. A giant illuminated beaver as part of the Lumiere light show
(Which has been extended to include the Christmas holidays and the New Year!)
5. The Festival of Trees at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
6. This festively decorated house in West End
7. This subtle festive backdrop in Downtown
8. The Christmas tree installation outside the Vancouver Art Gallery
9. These oversized baubles opposite Burrard Station
10. The Capilano Suspension Bridge’s Canyon of Lights
Kitsilano and Granville Island
11. The seasonally-appropriate Kitswings mural on Burrard and 4th
12. “A beacon of light” at Granville Island
13. This joyful sign at McArthurGlen Mall
14. Another towering Christmas tree in Richmond
15. This stunning illuminated snowflake at McArthurGlen Mall
(You can also spot more of these around the city!)